Review: Parts of Speech
- The clown chased a dog around the ring and then fell flat on her face.
- The geese indolently waddled across the intersection.
- Yikes! I'm late for class.
- Bruno's shabby thesaurus tumbled out of the book bag when the bus suddenly pulled out into traffic.
- Mr. Frederick angrily stamped out the fire that the local hooligans had started on his verandah.
- Later that summer, she asked herself, "What was I thinking of?"
- She thought that the twenty zucchini plants would not be enough so she planted another ten.
- Although she gave hundreds of zucchini away, the enormous mound left over frightened her.
- Everywhere she went, she talked about the prolific veggies.
- The manager confidently made his presentation to the board of directors.
- Frankenstein is the name of the scientist, not the monster.
- Her greatest fear is that the world will end before she finds a comfortable pair of panty-hose.
- That suitcase is hers.
- Everyone in the room cheered when the announcement was made.
- The sun was shining as we set out for our first winter camping trip.
- Small children often insist that they can do it by themselves.
- Dust covered every surface in the locked bedroom.
- The census taker knocked loudly on all the doors but nobody was home.
- They wondered if there truly was honour among thieves.
Exciting new products and effective marketing strategies will guarantee the company's success.
Written by Heather MacFadyen